Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Sun Dec 28 22:11:52 UTC 2014

Am 28.12.2014 um 22:13 schrieb Orcan Ogetbil:
> On 28 December 2014 at 07:57, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> On 27 December 2014 at 23:17, Reindl Harald wrote:
>>> having choices and options is the reason why people switch to Linux,
>>
>> http://www.islinuxaboutchoice.com/
>
> Oh please, no need for provocation... I was silently following this
> thread but I couldn't keep it that way after this post. There rant
> collection on the site lists the prime symptoms of "Gnome disease" and
> it is just too much for this mailing list.
>
> I still think that Fedora should be the last place on earth to build
> an OS based on acquiescence of users as illiterate idiots.
>
> I still have hope. Please don't crush my dreams

+1

and the page above is out of context crap beause it talks about
developer ressources while the "software center" architecst talk about
*hide* already existing software from users

WTF - just add a tab for "non so beautiful promoted but usefull and
present packages" and *first* stop to talk about using a terminal in a
hostile way all the time just because you don't realize that you *can
not* place any useful operatin in a nice graphical interface

trying to keep users away from a terminal is *hostile* and *user
unfriendly* because there are millions of operations you can do within
seconds in a terminal for decades and will never be able to do in any
graphical crap application

you want to hide all that capabilities from new users?
than don't pretend to design a unix like operating system