Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Mon Dec 29 12:27:20 UTC 2014

Am 29.12.2014 um 10:50 schrieb Richard Hughes:
> On 29 December 2014 at 03:28, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
>> we either are going to have to get out of the way of the
>> steamroller or get rolled over it.
>
> ...and the people trying to keep up are getting eggs thrown at them. I
> know lots of Red Hat developers worn down by the low-level harassment
> on this mailing list, so much so, that they just stop pushing the
> boundaries and go work on something else cool, e.g. ChromeOS.
>
> Linux isn't UNIX. The desktop doesn't revolve about command line tools
> anymore. If you can't accept that, you probably need to change
> industry. Sorry to be blunt.

it does not need to revolve around - but a "software manager" *completly
ignoring* non-GUI apps is a broken by design crap

sorry to be blunt too and the attitude you show repeatly like in the
second paragraph is the reason for a lot of harassment on this list
because a lot of this "cool new developers" don't give a damn about
their existing userbase or about expierience of others and only try to
catch new users which i do not need to be honest because if that
attitude don't stop i sit in front of a MacOSX clone designed for idiots
not able to make their own decisions

*nobody needs* that users, your attitude should be handholding them
learning to make decisions on their own and what are you doing is the
opposite, frankly you sound sometimes like the users not rely on GUI
only are dumb in your eyes because they don't realize the beauty of a
GUI app