Ramblings and questions regarding Fedora, but stemming from gnome-software and desktop environments

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 15:25:39 UTC 2014

On 30 December 2014 at 23:31, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> b.) Would it be helpful, friendlier, and better emphasize the special
> focus, if these group install items mentioned above were exposed in
> GNOME Software with an appropriate icon?

We could do this right now, although I don't think "expose the entire
comps tree" makes a lot of sense. We need translations, icons,
screenshots, and of course approval from the Fedora/GNOME designers.
Addons would be a logical place for this, although I think it probably
needs more design thought about how to handle these "non-application"
metagroupings. Installing a compiler is something that *something*
needs to handle, I'm just not sure if that should be gnome-software
itself or something that *uses* gnome-software to do the correct thing
and to handle updates.

Richard