Packaging question about -Wformat-security on Rawhide

Dan Mashal dan.mashal at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 01:52:11 UTC 2014

Hi,

So when rebuilding pidgin today I had issues building it for rawhide
and on my local machine (F20).

Basically this flag is causing the configure script to not be able to
locate perl.h

Looked at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Format-Security-FAQ but it is
very vague and doesn't provide many examples for workarounds.

Build logs here:
http://kojipkgs.fedoraproject.org//work/tasks/7623/6487623/build.log

config.log from my local F20 machine here:
http://paste.fedoraproject.org/74131/75349139/raw/

So could someone with more experience please advise on how to work
around this issue?

Also why was this pushed to redhat-rpm-config as an update to F20 when
it is supposed to be an F21 change? It didn't really help when trying
to figure what was going on.

Thanks,
Dan