New UEFI guide on the wiki

Andrew Lutomirski luto at mit.edu
Tue Feb 4 04:14:06 UTC 2014

On Mon, Feb 3, 2014 at 8:09 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> So, look what I wrote today:
>
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Unified_Extensible_Firmware_Interface
>
> (just plain https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/UEFI redirects to that page,
> too).
>
> It's a (hopefully) not too long and not too technical help for
> installing Fedora on UEFI systems. Should cover the 'greatest hits' that
> show up in bug reports, forums and IRC the most.

That'll be very useful.  Thanks!

If you happen to know the magic incantations to turn an installed UEFI
OS into a BIOS-bootable OS or vice versa, it would be great to have
that in the wiki.

(This is a particular pain point for me -- my main development box was
originally installed as BIOS, and I switched it to UEFI, and I'm sure
I did it wrong because the boot process is impressively finicky.)

--Andy