Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

Robert Mayr robyduck at fedoraproject.org
Tue Feb 4 10:57:34 UTC 2014

2014-02-04 Stephen Gallagher <sgallagh at redhat.com>:

> I won't speak for all of FESCo, but I'm leaning towards: "Spins can
> continue just as they are, while being aware that they continue to be
> secondary to our primary deliverables".
[snip]

Yes, in my eyes that's the reason why spins should not become a
separate product. They can/should be part of a product, such as
Workstation, and maybe only Security is worth a discussion apart.
How we will call the spins in fedora.ext is not important, but we
should have a clear idea soon about them.

Personally I wouldn't either keep any of them as release blocking
(except GNOME probably), only products should be able to block a
release.
Just my personal thought about this topic ;)

Cheers.