New UEFI guide on the wiki

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 21:22:18 UTC 2014

> Your proposal like cmurf's involves us auto-creating the BIOS boot
> partition, so it doesn't have *that* problem, but it has another
> problem, the one I pointed out to cmurf - it's not actually all that
> easy to have custom part just magically do stuff for you, and it
> certainly makes the code paths more fragile, and we really don't need
> any more fragility in partitioning.

Thinking about this a bit more, it probably wouldn't be *too* hard /
complex / dangerous to at least pre-populate custom part with the
appropriate 'special' partitions for your disk: i.e. run a restricted
version of autopart automatically when entering the custom part spoke,
which doesn't create the /boot and swap and / partitions, but just any
partitions required for booting or other special circumstances. I'll add
a comment to cmurf's bug...
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey