Fedora.NEXT Products and the fate of Spins

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 4 21:39:00 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-02-04 at 11:11 +0100, H. Guémar wrote:
> I'm not fond of keeping spins around when we're focusing on products.
>
> That gives the message that they are second-class citizens in Fedora.

We already have about sixteen 'citizen classes' within the spin system,
as I pointed out in another mail. Exactly one spin is our default
deliverable. Exactly two spins block the release. Exactly six spins are
considered 'desktops' and given increased prominence on the download
page. Etc etc.

There is basically nowhere except https://spins.fedoraproject.org/ ,
which I don't think is a particularly high traffic page, that actually
treats all spins as equal.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey