Packages installing files to /etc/rpm

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 14:08:09 UTC 2014

Miroslav Suchý <msuchy at redhat.com> writes:

> On 02/05/2014 11:40 AM, Richard Hughes wrote:
>> For stuff like this, I think just getting a provenpackager to fix up
>> the packages is the best thing to do. It's obviously correct and a
>> simple change.
>
> Usually yes. But e.g. in rhn-client-tools this path is used in code and the change is non-trivial.

It was similar in javapackages-tools. It included a change in
documentation which would have most likely been missed by eager
provenpackager and maintainers could just ignore a closed bug so this
wouldn't have been fixed...

Generally filing those 42 (yay, what a nice number) bugs would have been
better IMO, but if you are willing to re-run that repoquery in a few
months and file bugs for remaining packages I see no harm.

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241