Auto-expiring bugs are getting absurd

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 22:38:13 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 16:36 -0600, Michael Cronenworth wrote:
> Adam Williamson wrote:
> > Please don't. This is not accurate. Bugzappers has been inactive for
> > years now. Packagers and QA team members (and possibly other groups I
> > don't know about) get editbugs privileges via automatic inheritance into
> > the 'fedorabugs' group, and 'fedorabugs' group admins can hand them out
> > on a case-by-case basis.
>
> Yes, I'm fully aware Bugzappers is dead (I subscribe to the same lists you do,
> Adam).

So, er, why did you advise someone to apply to it? For now its functions
are subsumed into QA, so if you want to get editbugs privs in order to
do triage work, the appropriate thing to do is follow the QA group join
procedure - https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Join - and apply for the
qa FAS group.

> Perhaps David doesn't want to become a packager to edit a bug.

You sort of skipped the bit about the QA team, and about just asking
someone else to re-open it, which is what has happened.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey