Auto-expiring bugs are getting absurd

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Feb 5 22:45:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 14:39 -0800, David Timothy Strauss wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 2:33 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> > Quite a lot of people have editbugs - I think it's in the hundreds or
> > thousands
>
> I mean "few people" in the sense that it requires a specific grant of
> permissions, more than to just report bugs.
>
> Telling me to join a group is also not addressing my complaint. My
> complaint is that Fedora is auto-setting EOL on bugs with no clear way
> for even the users who reported the bugs to stop it from happening.
> Obviously, my comment wasn't enough to get human intervention.

Like I said, usually it will be, but no process is perfect. I can't
imagine there's ever a time when no-one in #fedora or #fedora-devel or
on devel@/test@ has editbugs privs, so it seems perfectly reasonable to
just drop a line in any of those places if you need a bug re-opened and
it should happen quickly.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey