Auto-expiring bugs are getting absurd

Tom Hughes tom at compton.nu
Wed Feb 5 22:59:46 UTC 2014

On 05/02/14 22:57, Tom Hughes wrote:

> TBH I thought the whole point was that the reporter was expected to
> update the version if they wanted it to stay open so I'm a bit surprised
> to hear that they can't unless they are also a packager.

In fact the first message actually tells the reporter to do that:

: Thank you for reporting this issue and we are sorry that we may not
: be able to fix it before Fedora 18 is end of life. If you would still
: like to see this bug fixed and are able to reproduce it against a
: later version  of Fedora, you are encouraged  change the 'version' to
: a later Fedora version prior to Fedora 18's end of life.

so if they can't do so then that message seems a little suboptimal.

Tom

--
Tom Hughes (tom at compton.nu)
http://compton.nu/