Auto-expiring bugs are getting absurd

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Thu Feb 6 00:12:37 UTC 2014

> The problem is that no-one seems to come up with an alternative that's
> any better. Leaving bugs on EOL versions open to rot away and be
> ignored
> is no use. We *could* give everyone privs to re-open closed bugs, I
> guess, and I personally don't think that would end terribly, but it's
> kind of a radical plan.

Everyone does not need reopen: just the ability to change the version
would suffice. (Unless there are serious worries about the risk of
allowing users to deface version fields?) I think auto-expiration would
work great with this tweak.

I've taken to cloning bugs that get prematurely closed... a bit silly
that I can clone, but not change the version.