proposal for changes to auto-expiring bugs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Feb 6 17:49:26 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 04:00 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:

> Additionally, but requiring some development, we could add some heuristics
> like: don't autoclose bugs with many incoming duplicate pointers, or
> possibly (as David suggests) bugs with comments, or bugs which have been
> reopened, or (here I get handwavy).

Your whole proposal more or less *is* the heuristic 'don't autoclose
bugs with comments', because of how needinfo works in RH bugzilla. It's
not a status (as you imply by writing NEEDINFO) but a flag. If you set
the needinfo flag not against a specific person but against 'anyone',
then by default, the next person who posts a comment of any kind will
clear the flag - they have to uncheck a little box if they want to *not*
clear the flag.

I still don't actually think it's a bad proposal, just wanted to be sure
the implications of using the needinfo flag were clear :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey