Auto-expiring bugs are getting absurd

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Feb 7 10:30:22 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

Let me state the other side - out of maybe 20-30 requests for more information from reporters I get one or even none additional information in the bugs.
This is not motivating for developers to look at bug reports also. Why should packagers spend time trying to clarify what the problem is exactly if they don't get a response after the bug is open?
I'm even looking in the other direction if there is request for information from the assignee of the bug and there is none given the bug should be auto-closed (time period to be decided - 3 months sounds more feasible). This would be more helpful to people that fix bugs and triage their bugzillas too. Due to triaging many such bugs it makes it impossible for me to keep the pace and the very few good bugs (with enough information) are lost sometimes in the huge number of bugs so good reporters get upset. It's unfortunate that this happen but my personal experience is that >90% of reporters are unwilling to spend time helping reproducing the problem which makes the reports useless most of the time.

Alexander Kurtakov