Gsoc idea feedback and suggestions.

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Fri Feb 7 14:00:29 UTC 2014

Le Jeu 6 février 2014 21:38, Vidhun Vinod a écrit :

> 1. Most of the hosting companies do not support web-sockets.

And this is unlikely to change.

People deployed firewalls for a reason and I can't fathom why the web
sockets guys actually expected that wrapping protocols people didn't trust
in a browser wrapper would actually result in them being authorised in
security equipments.

(now that I think about it, that's the same delusion as isvs that think
creating a new distro-stamped diffusion process that lacks traditional
disto constrains will get them the trust of traditional distro packages).

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot