Auto-expiring bugs are getting absurd

Michael Catanzaro mcatanzaro at gnome.org
Fri Feb 7 14:48:18 UTC 2014

> On Thu, 2014-02-06 at 13:21 +0100, Michael Schwendt wrote:
> > Where is the human to notice "comments after EOL" and act accordingly?

In practice, GNOME maintainers have hundreds of bugs apiece and so
rarely respond to individual bug reports, even simple requests to close
or reopen a bug.

Also many GNOME bugs are assigned to the Red Hat email address of
somebody who I believe no longer works at Red Hat

> > How many tickets would be affected by a "comment after EOL"?
>
> Don't know, probably wouldn't be too hard to look.

I think this is a bad idea: what happens when users comment to say that
the bug is resolved and can be closed?