f20, anaconda, net install and video out of range ....

Paul Wouters paul at nohats.ca
Fri Feb 7 16:19:38 UTC 2014

On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Adam Williamson wrote:

> painstakingly hand-weeding something like M*a's ldetect-lst you can get
> some minor benefits, like doing this kind of distinction where we want
> to load the native driver for a real card but not qemu's emulated
> cirrus.

You are telling me it is hard to detect the real physical card versus
the emulated card? Come on! You can even make that decision by looking
at the cpu type. If your cpu is QEMU Virtual CPU, how about using the
virtual cirrus driver....

Taking out everyone who tries to run fedora or rhel7 using a physical
cirrus card IMHO is just sloppy and lazy. Yes, people still run P-III
servers with SCSI disks and cirrus cards. In fact, I think you will
see it more within the enterprise then outside it.

Paul