f20, anaconda, net install and video out of range ....

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 7 16:24:37 UTC 2014

Am 07.02.2014 17:19, schrieb Paul Wouters:
> On Thu, 6 Feb 2014, Adam Williamson wrote:
>
>> painstakingly hand-weeding something like M*a's ldetect-lst you can get
>> some minor benefits, like doing this kind of distinction where we want
>> to load the native driver for a real card but not qemu's emulated
>> cirrus.
>
> You are telling me it is hard to detect the real physical card versus
> the emulated card? Come on! You can even make that decision by looking
> at the cpu type. If your cpu is QEMU Virtual CPU, how about using the
> virtual cirrus driver....

correct

> Taking out everyone who tries to run fedora or rhel7 using a physical
> cirrus card IMHO is just sloppy and lazy. Yes, people still run P-III
> servers with SCSI disks and cirrus cards. In fact, I think you will
> see it more within the enterprise then outside it

you expect RHEL7 running on a PIII?
this train has passed by long ago

http://www.linux-mag.com/id/7618/
Although its still called the “i386″ architecture, the 32bit version has been built for i686 processors and later,
as well as being optimized for the Atom processor. This was done by setting the GCC CFLAGS to “-march=i686
-mtune=atom”. As such, Fedora loses the ability to run on i586 and older computers, but gains performance on
popular Atom based netbooks.