Auto-expiring bugs are getting absurd

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 11:19:51 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----
> > From: mattdm at fedoraproject.org
> > if someone has a clever way
> > to automatically identify the most important candidates from the thousands,
> > that would be very useful.
>
> What about having the ability to vote for bugs? I've seen it used effectively
> and in other cases, not so much. Maybe this could be as simple as the number
> of non-default CCs for a BZ. I know some bugs I've been on have CCs added
> quite regularly. Surely that has to indicate the interest, if not
> importance.

No cool thing is retrace server - let's make sure the top crashers are fixed
and I heard very positive feedback to it. Especially from teams that has to
handle a lot of bugs (GNOME team etc.).

With Kamil Paral, we discussed some options how to pick up top bugs, people
can vote for etc. but it needs buy in from developers/maintainers. Without
it, it would be even worst. "Please pick up your top bugs but there's no
commitment we will ever touch these" is definitely not a good attitude.

Any thoughts? Limit it only to components maintainers sign up for? Anybody
willing to sign up for it? ;-).

Jaroslav