Educating packagers about always making changes in devel / rawhide first

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Mon Feb 10 16:36:33 UTC 2014

On Mon, 10 Feb 2014 16:46:20 +0200
Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 10, 2014 at 2:14 PM, Hans de Goede <hdegoede at redhat.com>
> wrote:
> > 2) Can someone maybe write a script which automatically detects
> > this situation and files bugs with a description text aimed at not
> > only getting the issue fixed, but also educating the packager?
>
> I wrote a script to detect this and ran it every now and then a long
> time ago, it didn't file bugs bug posted reports by mail. I believe it
> can nowadays be found in releng git:
> https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/tree/scripts/upgradecheck

This is the one I have run in the past:
https://git.fedorahosted.org/cgit/releng/tree/scripts/check-upgrade-paths.py

Would folks be ok with running it weekly or something?

and on which path? The entire f19-updates-testing to rawhide?

f19 f19-updates f19-updates-testing f20 f20-updates f20-updates-testing f21

kevin