Educating packagers about always making changes in devel / rawhide first

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 03:17:07 UTC 2014

On Mon, 2014-02-10 at 19:27 -0700, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> > However, IMHO it makes more
> > sense to just hook into AutoQA instead of running the same test
> > twice. Also it would allow to respond in a timely manner which might
> > better help to educate maintainers instead of when there are several
> > days between the bad update creation and the reaction to it.
>
> Sure, but I wonder how many maintainers ignore the autoqa note.

Its not like there's only one possible way for autoqa reports its
results. Heck, it has a resultsdb which other things might possibly be
able to hook into.

the devs are much more focused on making taskotron work than adding
stuff to autoqa right now, but I'm sure they'd have a few minutes to
discuss whether there's a quick-n-dirty way to get some useful rawhide
results out of the autoqa upgradepath test until taskotron is up and
going.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey