Educating packagers about always making changes in devel / rawhide first

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Feb 12 02:42:33 UTC 2014

Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> Can you attach a current version of that to a releng trac ticket and
> mark it 'meeting' so it gets discussed at the next releng meeting?
>
> That would be great.

The patch still applies cleanly to current git master. I'm going to attach
it to Trac.

>> I wrote, which Jesse Keating has been ignoring for YEARS despite my
>> repeated nagging and complaining about the false positives in the
>> nagmails.
>
> Jesse Keating hasn't been involved in Fedora for many years. He's no
> longer in any groups that could commit the above change. This is why
> mailing people directly is a bad idea... please open a ticket.

Back when I was prodding him, he still was. Look at the timestamps on my
patch, I wrote it back in 2008!

I also sent it to this mailing list in 2012, which is where the attachment
link comes from.

> Should be easy to run and see what the output is. ;)

Yeah, ./check-upgrade-paths.py f20 f20-updates :-)

        Kevin Kofler