advertisement in packaged software (e.g. Firefox)

Ralf Corsepius rc040203 at freenet.de
Thu Feb 13 14:35:13 UTC 2014

On 02/13/2014 12:33 PM, Martin Stransky wrote:
>  From the original post at [1]:
>
> "Directory Tiles will instead suggest pre-packaged content for
> first-time users.   Some of these tile placements will be from the
> Mozilla ecosystem, some will be popular websites in a given geographic
> location, and some will be sponsored content from hand-picked partners
> to help support Mozilla’s pursuit of our mission.  The sponsored tiles
> will be clearly labeled as such, while still leading to content we think
> users will enjoy."

To me this reads as the common blabber/gossip, we are used to hear from
marketeers - They all pretend to their stuff was "fair" and "interesting".

These people haven't realized the "in-app" "ad-model" is a dying
species, because user are tired of being molested, cheated, exploited
and being spied out.

Harsh words, I know, but that's just what I think about it.

Ralf