Heads-up: updating python-sphinx to 1.2.1 in Rawhide

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 16:04:15 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:54:14AM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
>  Quite a lot of packages rely on Sphinx, so I
> think we may even want to deal with this in a side-tag.

My understanding from Dennis is that creating and then merging side tags in
koji is not a trivial thing (I can't remember is it's labor intensive when
merging back or whether having a lot of side-tags is bad for koji's
performance.)

Since sphinx is used very little at runtime and since there's not a deep
circular dep chain (sphinx requires docutils.  docutils does not require
sphinx [although, looking at the source, it could be changed to rebuild its
docs using sphinx at buildtime]) this seems like it might be better to deal
with fallout in rawhide than go through the creation of a side tag.

Pre-view packages in copr (or a scratch build link) does sound like a nice
thing, though (although my reading of the incompatibilities is that most
packages won't hit those issues.)

-Toshio