Heads-up: updating python-sphinx to 1.2.1 in Rawhide

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Feb 13 16:14:41 UTC 2014

On Thu, 13 Feb 2014 08:04:15 -0800
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 12, 2014 at 10:54:14AM -0500, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >  Quite a lot of packages rely on Sphinx, so I
> > think we may even want to deal with this in a side-tag.
> >

> My understanding from Dennis is that creating and then merging side
> tags in koji is not a trivial thing (I can't remember is it's labor
> intensive when merging back or whether having a lot of side-tags is
> bad for koji's performance.)

Both. ;)

Adding new tags means that koji has to run newrepos on it. It only has
so many slots to run newrepos in, so as tags increase the time it takes
for any one tag to get regenerated also increases.

Then, when merging back you have to look at divergence. If someone
built a new foo in both tags, you have to see if the one in the side
tag or the one in the main tag you are merging back into should 'win'.

kevin