Proposal to WGs and rel-eng: Move 90-default.preset from systemd to fedora-release

Miloslav Trmač mitr at volny.cz
Thu Feb 13 16:39:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 2:53 PM, Václav Pavlín <vpavlin at redhat.com> wrote:

> Package systemd ships file 90-default.preset [1] (full path:
> /usr/lib/systemd/system-preset/90-default.preset) which contains rules for
> command 'systemctl preset NAME'.

<snip>

> Based on these arguments, I'd like to propose to move this file to the
> fedora-release package (or elsewhere, if you can suggest better place).

I agree this would make sense in principle; does the maintainer of
fedora-release wants to take on the task to maintain this file?

> This package is specific to Fedora distribution as well and contains
> Fedora specific configuration files (i.e. Fedora repo files). The question
> of moving the file somewhere else than systemd might be really interesting
> for working groups either.

It's not only the products and working groups, but all spins: see
https://fedorahosted.org/fesco/ticket/945 , which has unfortunately petered
out with nobody interested to push this to completion.  Perhaps we can just
discuss it here?
    Mirek