advertisement in packaged software (e.g. Firefox)

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 16:41:30 UTC 2014

> Why do we care about using the Firefox trademark?  We should just
> rename the package.  Debian do that and it hasn't hurt them.

Debian has different core values than Fedora does.  The relevent
Fedora value is this one:

  Friends

  We believe success comes from a strong community, made of people
  from around the world, working together. There's a place in Fedora
  for anyone who supports our values and wants to help. By
  collaborating with each other openly and transparently, and with a
  strong, supportive partnership with our sponsors, we can achieve
  great things.

The Firefox project is part of our community.  If we change their
package and discard their branding, we alienate part of our community.