advertisement in packaged software (e.g. Firefox)

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Thu Feb 13 18:40:31 UTC 2014

Hi

On Thu, Feb 13, 2014 at 12:56 PM, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> A party who is molesting me with ads and tries to spy on me, hardly is my
> friend.

That certainly goes way too far.  We have assurance from Mozilla that there
is no spying or tracking going on here and we have yet to see what form of
sponsored content they are going to be engaging in but lets discuss this
calmly and deal with real issues as they pop up rather than assume the
worst without any real evidence. If there is a need to patch something out
and if that cannot happen without a rename as opposed to an extension by
default or config tweak or some other arrangement, *then* we can discuss
our options at that point.

Rahul