Heads-up: updating python-sphinx to 1.2.1 in Rawhide

Michel Alexandre Salim salimma at fedoraproject.org
Thu Feb 13 18:47:17 UTC 2014

> On 02/07/2014 04:06 AM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
>> Dear all,
>
>> Unless there are objections, I will be updating the python-sphinx
>> documentation generator in Rawhide to the latest 1.2.1 release.
>
>> For the convenience of maintainers of affected packages, here are
>> the incompatible changes since 1.1.3, pulled from
>> http://sphinx-doc.org/changes.html:
>
>> 1.2: Removed the sphinx.ext.refcounting extension ? it is very
>> specific to CPython and has no place in the main distribution.
>
>> 1.2 beta3: PR#154: Remove ?sphinx? prefix from LaTeX class name
>> except ?sphinxmanual? and ?sphinxhowto?. Now you can use your
>> custom document class without ?sphinx? prefix. Thanks to Erik B.
>
>> 1.2 beta2: PR#144, #1182: Force timezone offset to LocalTimeZone
>> on POT-Creation-Date that was generated by gettext builder. Thanks
>> to masklinn and Jakub Wilk.
>
>> 1.2 beta1: Removed sphinx.util.compat.directive_dwim() and
>> sphinx.roles.xfileref_role() which were deprecated since version
>> 1.0. PR#122: the files given in latex_additional_files now override
>> TeX files included by Sphinx, such as sphinx.sty. PR#124: the node
>> generated by versionadded, versionchanged and deprecated directives
>> now includes all added markup (such as ?New in version X?) as child
>> nodes, and no additional text must be generated by writers. PR#99:
>> the seealso directive now generates admonition nodes instead of the
>> custom seealso node.

>> Affected packages (maintainers will need to double-check, and chime
>> in if they would prefer the update be deferred):
>

> Michel, would you mind putting up a packaged version of
> python-sphinx-1.2.1 on a COPR or other repository for us to pull down
> and test in our builds? Quite a lot of packages rely on Sphinx, so I
> think we may even want to deal with this in a side-tag.

That's certainly a good idea, here they are:

   http://copr.fedoraproject.org/coprs/salimma/sphinx12/

Built for F-20; Rawhide builds are ongoing at present.

I probably wouldn't do a side tag -- the downside seems to outweigh the
upside -- but do let me know if any problem crops up with
Sphinx-dependent packages. I'll probably push a Rawhide update at the
end of the month unless there are major breakages, but will keep the
F-20 build in copr unless there are strong requests to push it as an update.

Best regards,

--
Michel Alexandre Salim
Fedora Project Contributor: http://fedoraproject.org/