libicu soname bump in rawhide

Jakub Jelinek jakub at redhat.com
Fri Feb 14 12:40:26 UTC 2014

On Tue, Feb 11, 2014 at 10:41:09PM +0100, Eike Rathke wrote:
> As pre-announced on devel@ I'm updating libicu to 52.1

When a shared library has so many dependencies and the SONAME has been
bumped already ~ 50 times, wouldn't it be appropriate time to talk to
upstream to consider providing stable API/ABI, symbol versioning etc.?
I mean, if a shared library has 1-2 users, we can still live with it being
in constant flux, but for a widely used shared library stable public ABI is
really important.

Note, e.g. texlive hasn't been rebuilt yet in rawhide, it is broken for more
than 2 days now, which e.g. blocks building gcc and thus a F21 mass rebuild.

	Jakub