OpenCASCADE and applications depending on it

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 16 23:43:17 UTC 2014

On Sun, Feb 16, 2014 at 5:35 PM, Sandro Mani <manisandro at gmail.com> wrote:

> Looking at this, we don't necessarily need to do the reviews 1 for 1 per
> module, but perhaps make smesh and it's requirements one "review". What do
> you think?
>
> Fine with me. I had a quick look at updating adapting my salome-kernel for
> the latest 7.3.0 release, it is mostly working, however they removed the
> autotools buildsystem and now it is cmake only, meaning I have to hunt down
> all the places again where they forgot DESTDIR in the cmake files. As it
> stands now, it builds ok, but fails trying to install some files in system
> prefix.

Interesting... I didn't know when the switch to cmake happened since I
started with 7.3.0... I'm surprised by the DESTDIR problem unless they
didn't something to muck with it, it should just work. That's one thing I
like about cmake, other than the fact it's much more human readable than
autotools. I haven't gotten far enough in the building process to get to
installing it, I'm assuming I need one or more of your patches to get
through the build. Let me know if you need help on that part.

Thanks,
Richard