Heads up; F22 will require applications to ship appdata to be listed in software center

Ian Malone ibmalone at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 13:50:58 UTC 2014

On 17 February 2014 08:45, Christian Schaller <cschalle at redhat.com> wrote:

> Well with GCC we are assuming people will read docs and figure out the command
> line parameters needed to use gcc. So expecting people to read the docs on how
> to use yum or 'yum search' is not expecting to much in my opinion.
>
> That said we should list the Developer Assistant in the Software center (or even have it installed by default)
> and that should be the tool IMHO to install these and other developer tools.

Really? I mean, it's one thing to say 'if you want to use command line
tools you have to use a command line package manager' (which isn't
really the case anyway), but is it actually the intention that non-GUI
components get split up into separate domains with their own GUI
managers. Just seems a little odd.

--
imalone
http://ibmalone.blogspot.co.uk