Proposal to WGs and rel-eng: Move 90-default.preset from systemd to fedora-release

Colin Walters walters at verbum.org
Wed Feb 19 19:28:09 UTC 2014

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Miloslav Trmač <mitr at volny.cz> wrote:

> I think it's perfectly fine to have them conflict.

You didn't reply to the part of my mail where I was describing the
"Workstation on a Server" case.  Are you saying that you do not believe
this case is valid?  Or that such users would have to pick a
-config/-preset package and then e.g. adjust things so that gdm is
enabled if they want that?

The latter might be OK.  Particularly if it's easy to find the relevant
parts of other configs so administrators can know what to enable in
order for certain features to work.

Practically speaking of course, most of the essential bits for
Workstation (at least GNOME) are DBus (or socket) activated, which
helps significantly with this problem of maintaining a static list.