Proposal to WGs and rel-eng: Move 90-default.preset from systemd to fedora-release

Jon jdisnard at gmail.com
Wed Feb 19 21:12:05 UTC 2014

As far as two (or more) fedora-presets' being installed at once, I
would say we allow the user to resolve the problem via .rpmnew

The implication is "users would have to pick a -config/-preset package
and then e.g. adjust things"

This only works if the preset file has the same name across all the
product lines.

Thanks,
-Jon

On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 1:49 PM, Miloslav Trmač <mitr at volny.cz> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 8:28 PM, Colin Walters <walters at verbum.org> wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, Feb 19, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Miloslav Trmač <mitr at volny.cz> wrote:
>>
>> I think it's perfectly fine to have them conflict.
>>
>> You didn't reply to the part of my mail where I was describing the
>> "Workstation on a Server" case.
>

> Sorry, i read that as "Server on Workstation" which seemed really easy.  The
> opposite is indeed more difficult.
>

>>  Are you saying that you do not believe this case is valid?  Or that such
>> users would have to pick a -config/-preset package and then e.g. adjust
>> things so that gdm is enabled if they want that?
>

> I'm leaning towards "yes" to both, but it's really not an easy call to make.
>     Mirek
>
> --

-Jon