May I file 1000 bugs aka upstream test suite tracking

Aleksandar Kurtakov akurtako at redhat.com
Fri Feb 21 15:03:44 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

In java land tests are usually run as part of the %build and if they not succeed the build fails. Running tests in %check will be harder to do as one would have to patch them to not run in %build so buildtimes do not grow too much. I also think that purely looking for tests in %check would not give correct data and packages that run tests as part of the regular build procedure should be considered (it's better practice IMHO).
Regarding tests being run after the build - this is yet another story as it requires packagers to work on having tests available in some form (subpackage?) for running after the build and many test suites are not intended to be run post build so making them run that way is non trivial amount of work. We (eclipse) work on having tests subpackages available for later run but this is slow and tedious process as it requires actually fixing upstream test suites.

Alexander Kurtakov
Red Hat Eclipse team