[Fedora-packaging] May I file 1000 bugs aka upstream test suite tracking

Reindl Harald h.reindl at thelounge.net
Fri Feb 21 15:06:08 UTC 2014

Am 21.02.2014 15:51, schrieb Alexander Todorov:
> На 21.02.2014 16:27, Richard W.M. Jones написа:
>> Is it correct that you're only going to be filing bugs when upstream
>> tarballs already contain test suites, but they are just not enabled in
>> the Fedora package?
>
> I want to track which packages *DO NOT* have any tests and later be
> able to focus on creating them (be it working with volunteers, GSoC
> participants or whoever is willing to step up to this task).
>
> I don't intend to force package maintainers to write tests if they
> don't want to (or can't)

then bugzilla is for sure the wrong place

all these bug report would making only noise, mostly get
closed with WONTFIX or close dby the bugzapper, it's a
waste of time and energy for people not responsible for
but hear the noise

in the worst case some packagers write some hurry tests
to make you happy which are not worth one line written
for them because they don't conver anything and so does
not help in case of breakage in later builds

often enough writing good tests is more work than the software itself