[Fedora-packaging] May I file 1000 bugs aka upstream test suite tracking

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at greysector.net
Fri Feb 21 15:16:59 UTC 2014

On Friday, 21 February 2014 at 16:08, Alexander Todorov wrote:
[...]
> Guys I can do both.
>
> 1) Report packages which *have* test suites but they are *not* executed in %check
>
> 2) Report packages which *don't* have any test suites at all.
>
> 1) is easy but I'm more interested in 2)

Could you provide the rationale for 2? Why do you want to do it and
what does Fedora gain by doing it?

IMHO, 1 is the only one worth having filed as a bugs in our bugzilla.
You can track 2 any way you like, but mass bug filing is the wrong way.
It's not a bug in the Fedora package that upstream doesn't have a test
suite and I'll be sure to close such bugs as WONTFIX.

Personally, I do try to run the test suite in %check for my packages,
provided that it doesn't require (much) patching and is easy to do.

Regards,
Dominik
"Faith manages."