python-django update to Django-1.6

Matthias Runge mrunge at matthias-runge.de
Fri Feb 21 18:11:06 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 08:40:52AM -0500, John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
> I too would much prefer this approach.  For somebody like me who wants to
> maintain company-private packages based on django, this affords more
> flexibility.  I realize it may always mean more packaging work to keep
> several python-djangoXYs in the distro, but it makes for a less rigid
> coupling between the OS and what framework version you need to use.
The issue with this approach is, there is no upgrade, i.e. if your
fantasticApp-1.0 uses python-django15 and fantasticApp-1.1 requires
python-django16, you'd still have the older Django installed, which
will produce a conflict. Thus the upgrade will fail.
--
Matthias Runge <mrunge at matthias-runge.de>