exclude people from giving karma?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Feb 24 01:20:50 UTC 2014

On Sun, 2014-02-23 at 23:33 +0100, drago01 wrote:

> > and no "you have to apologize" from the maintainer does change that
> >
> > if the maintainers would run a baisc virtual machine consuming
> > ordinary repos without manual overrides such mistakes would be
> > recognized by them..............
>
> Well the proper way to fix is to have automated and enforced dep
> checks ... <insert reply from AdamW here telling me that it is not
> ready for that yet ;) >

Exactly. (Indeed, as noted, in this case the depcheck test somehow
appears to see the broken deps, but report the result as PASSED. I'm not
just whistlin' Dixie, you know. I believe John Dulaney is still working
on v2 of depcheck, with the help of tflink.)

I think it's a reasonable note that if you're pushing a major update of
a significant and complex package, leaving auto-push enabled with a
threshold of +3 is perhaps not the best idea. Packagers, remember: the
Bodhi defaults are just that, *defaults*. They aren't necessarily
appropriate for every update. Do remember to use your judgement.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey