[Fedora-packaging] May I file 1000 bugs aka upstream test suite tracking

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Feb 24 13:54:12 UTC 2014

On Fri, Feb 21, 2014 at 04:16:59PM +0100, Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski wrote:
> > 2) Report packages which *don't* have any test suites at all.
> Could you provide the rationale for 2? Why do you want to do it and
> what does Fedora gain by doing it?

Better code quality, less risk of regressions, easier automatic QA.

I think that this is a good initiative, and absolutely fits with something
Fedora can and should help with -- but I also agree that bugzilla probably
isn't the best place to track it. (It's kind of a shame, though, because a
bug tracker would be nicer than a wiki page. We just don't have the right
kind of flexiblity in our bugzilla setup to do it.)