Java headless bugs

Stanislav Ochotnicky sochotnicky at redhat.com
Wed Feb 26 09:00:27 UTC 2014

Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> writes:

> On Tue, Feb 25, 2014 at 10:59 AM, Stanislav Ochotnicky
> <sochotnicky at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>> Since javadoc subpackages put files in /usr/share/javadoc they must
>> require package that provides this directory.
>
> In my opinion all javadocs should be crosslinked with local JDK's
> javadocs (+ others as appropriate) and have a dependency on
> java-javadoc. The JDK -javadoc packages could either own the
> /usr/share/javadoc or have a dependency on a package providing it. Two
> problems solved...

Actually we are strongly considering getting rid of javadocs
completely[1] mostly due to Java 8 problems. We might be able to leave
them be perhaps, but it's just a lot of work with uncertain
benefits/users and it's slowing down builds considerably. Email on
java-devel explains this in more detail.

[1] https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/java-devel/2014-February/005133.html

--
Stanislav Ochotnicky <sochotnicky at redhat.com>
Software Engineer - Developer Experience

PGP: 7B087241