default file system, was: Comparison to Workstation Technical Specification

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Feb 28 21:42:01 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2014-02-27 at 14:31 -0700, Chris Murphy wrote:
> On Feb 27, 2014, at 1:13 PM, Josh Boyer <jwboyer at fedoraproject.org> wrote:
>
> > On Thu, Feb 27, 2014 at 3:07 PM, Chris Murphy <lists at colorremedies.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> http://meetbot.fedoraproject.org/fedora-meeting-1/2014-02-27/fedora-meeting-1.2014-02-27-15.00.log.html
> >>
> >> OK super, pretty much all Server WG questions are answered. That was easy. Summary is they are going to go with XFS on LVM. LVM vs LVM thinp is to be determined. And they only want this one option for the guided path (i.e. sounds like Partition Scheme pop-up goes away).
> >>
> >> For Workstation WG it can be the same thing too. Or optionally pick an alternate: plain partition (probably ext4), or Btrfs.
> >
> > Not btrfs.  We answered that yesterday.
>
> I know that, no Btrfs by default. The above pertains to an (optional) alternate.

I'd really like it if we can drop btrfs to custom partitioning. I really
don't like this 'it's not really ready to be default but we're going to
offer it in a way that makes it look as good as the default choice'
thing.

Also, custom part has the 'choose your own adventure' dropdown itself
now.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey