libwebp soname bump

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 2 22:11:40 UTC 2014

On Thu, 2 Jan 2014 14:03:54 -0500
Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
>

> On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 1:50 PM, Kevin Fenzi  wrote:
>

> > FYI, for next time, can you either provide more notice (evening of a
> > holiday week with just a few hours before rawhide composes isn't
> > much), or line up a provenpackager(s) that are willing to rebuild
> > everything for you?
> >
> > You also forgot a changelog entry for your last package update. ;(
> >

> Is there a roadmap for Koji to handle rebuilds on soname bumps
> automatically?

Not that I know of. Koji is the wrong level to include such
functionality. It would have to be something that looks at new builds,
finds out if they have a so name bump, finds out what depends on that
old so, has commit access to bump and submit builds for other things
(some of which may well fail).

I think it would be easier to come up with some gating in rawhide
compose where the new abi bump build is untagged if there's still
things that need the old so (with of course some way to override it).
This would at least get folks to try and fix depending packages before
the change lands.

kevin