dnf versus yum

SHERESSA HILL sheressa at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 3 00:42:30 UTC 2014

Date: Thu, 2 Jan 2014 15:36:11 -0800
Subject: Re: dnf versus yum
From: richard.vickeryrv at gmail.com
To: devel at lists.fedoraproject.org

On Thu, Jan 2, 2014 at 3:28 PM, yersinia <yersinia.spiros at gmail.com> wrote:

>5 PM, poma <pomidorabelisima at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 02.01.2014 20:36, Steve Clark wrote:

>> Also at least yum stood for something - Yellowdog Updater, Modified - as opposed to being some

>> nonsensical conglomeration of letters. The only thing I am aware of that dnf means is "did not finish".

> Did Not Finish

> Do Not Forget

> Does Not Follow

> Data Not Found

> Did Not Find

> Does Not Function

> Do Not Freeze

> Do Not Fix

> Do Not Fax

> Do Not Forward

> poma

I do not think it is nice to speak so bad about a project. The

objective are clear,if something can be improved everyone can or  must

contribute.The criticisms are useless.We are talking about open source

software, do not forget.  👍I agree

Best regards

On the contrary: speaking negatively about a project may be fine so long as the context is clearly about such project, as it is only the project that is being harshly criticised. Where a problem often occurs is  when such criticism crosses over into affecting an individual.