dnf versus yum

Bob Arendt rda at rincon.com
Fri Jan 3 02:00:59 UTC 2014

On 01/02/2014 06:52 PM, Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 03, 2014 at 02:40:33AM +0100, poma wrote:

>> Haha, actually pretty cool!
>> 0. yum-fu - Yellowdog Updater, Modified Fu (No need to explain)
>>
>> poma
>
> Or to be more generic about it:
>
> pu - Package Updater.
> pum - Package Updater, Modified.
> puma - Package Updater, Modified Again.
> poma - Package Opener (Operator?), Modified Again
>
> That last one is tounge-in-cheek :-J

puma !  Similar to orig name (continuity), "p" for package
(better than yellow-dog), and humorous extension "a" that
turns it into a word with logo possibilities.
And shouldn't have brand overlap with the shoes (they're
going with the animal association anyway).
You could get some some traction with that name.

-Bob