dnf versus yum

Mattia Verga mattia.verga at tiscali.it
Sat Jan 4 09:50:44 UTC 2014

This is the first time I heard of DNF.
Looking at the page where differences between DNF and yum are explained
(http://akozumpl.github.io/dnf/cli_vs_yum.html) my question is: do we
really need DNF to replace yum?

Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that DNF is no more than yum with
some different standard behavior and a couple of new command line
options. So why replace yum? If those changes are good why simply don't
change standard options in yum or add those new commands to yum?