enlightenment 0.18.1 etc...

Bob Richmond bob at lorez.org
Sun Jan 5 02:29:17 UTC 2014

I have no desire to become a package maintainer for Enlightenment, but I
went through the exercise of repackaging enlightenment, efl, elementary,
emotion-generic-players, evas-generic-loaders, efl-python, econnman,
terminology, and enventor into packages matching the existing Fedora 20
ones.

All of the EFL subpackages now ship in a single tarball and sort-of
depend on each other, so I built a single spec file for it that creates
the following subpackages. Each matches as best as possible the existing
Fedora 20 RPMs. It creates the following binary RPMS:

efl: A metapackage that pulls in all of the efl libraries
efl-devel: Contains EFL documentation in HTML form, and Efl_Config.h
that all of the rest of the -devel packages depend on
evas
evas-devel
edje
edje-devel
ecore
ecore-devel
embryo
embryo-devel
eet
eet-devel
libeina
libeina-devel
ethumb
ethumb-devel
emotion
emotion-devel
eio
eio-devel
ephysics: New, depends on bullet-devel
ephysics-devel
efreet
efreet-devel
eeze
eeze-devel
eldbus: New, obsoletes e_dbus
eldbus-devel
eo
eo-devel

Then some more new packages: efl-python, implementing the python
bindings to the efl, emotion-generic-players more players implemented by
vlc, enventor, a program for creating/modifying Enlightenment themes,
econnman, a front-end for connman, depends on connman and efl-python.
Everything else had an existing package, just updated the source.

This makes for a for far more usable Enlightenment desktop than
currently shipped with Fedora 20 (switching to the opengl compositor
doesn't cause black terminology windows for example), and figured I'd
share what I did rather than sit on it. Feel free to change attributions
in the changelog if you decide to use it.

http://www.lorez.org/enlightenment/