dnf versus yum

Chris Adams linux at cmadams.net
Sun Jan 5 22:33:27 UTC 2014

Once upon a time, Reindl Harald <h.reindl at thelounge.net> said:
> i say the same thing to the autopager and cutted output of
> systemctl and journalctl and the repsonse there is "we are
> not Unix, we are Linux"

Yeah, I dislike that as well.  If I want paged output, I'll page it; if
I want cut output, I'll cut it.  The "helpful" options added to the
$PAGER variable are really stupid as well; I have to set $SYSTEMD_PAGER
as well as $PAGER, just to override systemd's "help".

> following your argumentation this should be removed too?
>
> [root at honeypot:~]$ rm -rf /
> rm: it is dangerous to operate recursively on `/'
> rm: use --no-preserve-root to override this failsafe

I didn't know that was there (not in the habit of running "rm -rf /"
just to see what happens).  I really can't think of a situation where
"rm -rf /" would be useful, so I don't really care one way or the other
about that one.
--
Chris Adams <linux at cmadams.net>