crash stats for Fedora 20

Richard Marko rmarko at redhat.com
Mon Jan 6 11:15:24 UTC 2014

On 01/03/2014 03:35 PM, Josh Boyer wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 3, 2014 at 9:29 AM, Richard Marko <rmarko at redhat.com> wrote:
>> In last two weeks these components were crashing the most on Fedora 20:
>> 3. kernel seen 4540 times (8% of all reports)
>>     http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/898437/
>>     http://retrace.fedoraproject.org/faf/problems/1372844/
> Is there some way to flag package versions as obsolete in retrace?
> The first report above is for a 3.9 kernel that we don't even support
> any more because F18 is well past 3.9.

Currently no. It should be possible to integrate faf with bodhi so the
server would be aware of obsolete packages.

> The second report is for a problem in a proprietary wireless driver
> that we don't ship or support.  We've asked before, but apparently
> there's no way to stop from including that kind of thing in retrace?

We want tainted reports but we won't show them or include them in these
statistics by default.

Related issues
https://github.com/abrt/faf/issues/189
https://github.com/abrt/faf/issues/219